Monday, February 6, 2012

I am my Beloved's and He is Mine

My friend and Candi and I were talking a few months ago about how no one ever told us about s*x when we were growing up, especially about how it's importance in marriage. (I'm not being a prude - just being careful about search engines).  Pete and I were told to read a book called "The Act of Marriage" by Tim LaHaye in premarital counselling, and that was about the extent of my education on this subject. (No offense to Tim LaHaye, he did found my alma mater, but he is not the person I would have picked to learn about this from!) So Candi had the idea of meeting a couple of times a month with some of the teenage girls from our church to talk about relationships, purity, and marriage. Meeting with the five girls that regularly come is one of the most joyful, fulfilling things I've ever been privileged to participate in.
         With that in mind, I thought that I would use my etsy shop this Valentine's Day as a reminder to married couples of the beautiful gift that God has given to husband and wife. Song of Solomon, with its' rather explicit erotic poetry, as well as many other passages in Scripture (Proverbs 5:18-19 for example), makes it clear that God gave s*x as gift for married couples to enjoy! Not just as a way to have children, or to "avoid immorality", but as a sacred gift to be delighted in. So I painted these set of mugs based on Song of Solomon 6:3a:








 Here is a link to the listing on etsy:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/92406407/i-am-my-beloveds-and-he-is-mine

As always, twenty percent of all proceeds goes to buy socks for homeless children.

2 comments:

  1. Thankfully the times have changed where people (Christians) can now talk about s*x. It's good you and your friend are volunteering your time to teach the younger ones. God bless. xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...