Friday, January 28, 2011

Calligraphy Fundraiser

This week's featured calligraphy is from Galatians 2:20-21.

My mother-in-law asked for this verse at Christmas from Kenneth Wuest's "The New Testament - an Expanded Translation". I was not able to fit all of the "expanded" parts in, but I did my best ;).

Each 8"11" print, on white cardstock paper, is 7$ (as colored copies are more expensive!). All proceeds this month will go to buy new underwear and socks for homeless children in San Diego, as this is a pressing need that the Monarch School, http://www.monarchschools.org/, always has. 

This print is also listed on my etsy shop, http://www.etsy.com/people/CreedalCalligraphy. (The etsy shop says only 20% will go to help homeless children, but that is because I plan on keeping the posting up long term!)

3 comments:

  1. Such an excellent idea. I've been working on small crafts to sell (eventually) to save funds for adoption. We're so much alike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessie Bee - I want to use calligraphy to save money for adoption too, eventually, after raising some for homeless kids first!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...